Sunday, January 3, 2010

Baby Prep Time!

It is time to start signing up for all the fun classes that will teach us how to not suck at being parents. At least they will attempt to do so. We've decided to take a 5 week Lamaze course, Babycase Basics and Breastfeeding. I plan on trying to breastfeed Henry. I've done a good deal of research on it and it just seems like the right thing for me to do, especially since I am at home and will have the time to do so, at least in the first months. I have no idea how long I will breastfeed, but I figure I'll start out setting small goals for myself and move from there.

Also, while reading the info the doctor gave us on the hospital I will be delivering at, I found out something rather neat. The baby stays in the room with me, if I choose for him to. This way I can be there at all times, learning to recognize his needs and queues and the nurses will be able to better help me in recognizing them. I don't know if this is standard or not these days, but it is the first I've heard of it. Very cool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment