Monday, October 25, 2010

Henry the Crawler

At about 5 months and 1 week, Henry made the transition to crawler. He had been trying for weeks, but most of the time he would just end up stuck in the crawling position, and as I posted before, he'd thrust himself forward. Typically he just ended sprawled on his stomach. It took time, and he worked at it daily (if not all day every day, he is a very determined baby), and he finally got it.



Hopefully that worked - this is a video of Henry crawling last week. Every day he gets better at it. Which pretty much means he just gets into more and more stuff every day. We've had to start baby proofing, but really this is just us moving stuff out of his reach. We will need to do the heavy duty proofing very soon! I was reading something on babycenter about crawling. Most babies start attempting crawling between 6 and 10 months and are full on crawling by 9 to 10. Then, some time after that, they start going from the crawling position to the sitting position. Then, closer to a year, they can start crawling using opposite arm and leg, as in left arm, right leg, instead of one side at a time. Well Henry isn't 6 months yet and he can do all of this.

I hate even telling people this because I am afraid people will think I am bragging, that somehow my son is gifted. I don't think that at all. I am sure every other child will catch up and by a year he will be no different from his peers. He is also pulling up. He loves to grab hold of my hands and pull himself up. He also crawls over to me on the couch and uses me as an anchoring device to get himself into the standing position. I think we will have an early walker on our hands. The rate he is moving, I cannot imagine it will be another half a year before he figures out walking.

We have no started on solids yet, but we will very soon. I wanted to wait until 6 months as that is what our peditrician recommended, but with the rate that Henry is developing, we might start a little earlier than that. We have some rice cereal already to go, so we might just do that until 6 months. I know most people start earlier than that, but I just was in no rush.

We have his 6 month appointment in 2 weeks. Hopefully I will remember to update this then!

Oh yeah, Henry is going as a dragon for Halloween. He makes a rather adorable dragon might I say.

2 comments:

Darci said...

How adorable! Looks like crawling to me. :)

LeAnne said...

Oh he's a total pro at it now! He is all over the place. Growing up too fast!

Post a Comment