Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Third Trimester, Here I Come!

Well I've officially survived the entire 2nd trimester and have started the last leg of the run. I'm 28 weeks as of today. It seems like the weeks pass more slowly lately. I think it is because I think of him so much, and every week I get more and more excited to meet him.

I had my glucose tolerance test on Monday to check for Gestational Diabetes. I'm in the clear! I tested with a 121 and they want you to be under 135 before the test again. What a relief! I was really worried I'd turn up with GD - the last thing I wanted. I think I just assume the worst far too often. So many people seem to have to take the 3 hour test or even end up with GD these days. I'm very fortunate to not be one of those people.

We had to go back today for the actual appointment after a scheduling issue on Monday. The doctor wasn't at the office we normally go to Monday, buuuut no one ever told us that. The doctor checked everything and all my numbers are pretty much bang on. Blood pressure is fine, urine samples fine, glucose fine, heartbeat of the baby fine, size of uterus, fine. Pretty much everything is exactly as it should be.

Next appointment will be February 25th at 31 weeks. We start our Lamaze Class February 11th and are having the baby shower on February 20th. Busy busy month for us!

Now if I can just avoid the stress from school eventually killing me, we'll be great!

2 comments:

Ali said...

"I think it is because I think of him so much, and every week I get more and more excited to meet him."

Aww. You're going to be the best mama bird ever. Just make sure you don't feed Henry worms.

LeAnne said...

Aww you're going to make me cry! Not that this is hard to do lately, but still! No worms you say? Hmmm, can't make any promises...

Post a Comment