Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mom knows best

And I don't mean me. I mean moms in general. Mothers think their way is best. A lot of mothers think every other way is wrong. I try so hard to remind myself that this is not true. I do not mean I tell myself my way is not the only way. I mean I try to block out all the things other mothers tell me I should be doing. Or I should not X because Y and Z will happen.

For the record, everything that someone has told us WILL happen because we did something the "wrong" way has gone differently than we were told. Yeah, we gave Henry a pacifier before 6-8 weeks. He gave it up by 10 weeks of age. Yeah, we let him sleep in his swing until he was 2 months old, but he had no problem transitioning out of it.

We waited to give him solids, he transitioned to them perfectly. The list goes on and on. It is okay to do things differently. It is okay. I think I tell myself this to reassure myself that I am okay, we're okay.

I just had to get this off my chest. I've been feeling a bit crushed by it, as if it was a weight sitting on my chest. Henry will grow up to be a normal, well adjusted little boy. He already is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment