Sunday, August 22, 2010

Henry turns 15 weeks!

So we leave for Alaska (Anchorage to be exact) on Thursday. 4 days! Yikes! I feel it has totally snuck up on me. For the longest time it seemed like forever away, like it would never really happen, and here it is, right around the corner. I think Henry now has more winter clothes than Jason and I combined. It won't be terribly cold there, but we figure babies need layers. He has like 3 jackets, and somewhere around 14 outfits for an 8 day trip plus about another 5 pairs of pants and some onesies. I think we're good in the clothes department lol.

Now as for myself, that's a whole other story. We will be heading to the store here shortly. I'm not too concerned except for the fact I only have like one pair of shoes and no raincoat.

I cannot really explain how nervous I am about coming home without Jason. He will be gone for nearly 3 weeks. When returns we will be heading to New Mexico almost immediately. Like, that say day. He gets in at 5:15 am and about 14 hours later, if not sooner, we will be in the car driving. We hope that Henry will fall asleep and we can make decent headway. Oh yeah, the reason for the NM trip is that my cousin Phillip is getting married.

In Henry news, we recently got his activity center from his Auntie Alicia (a friend of mine) and he absolutely adores it. It is becoming more and more apparent that he has discovered his hands and he knows what to do to do with them - a bit anyway. He is grabbing for things and putting everything in reach in his mouth. Toys are a new favorite word around our house. He actually has toys now! And he loves his stuffed animals.

Also, for the past 3-4 mornings we've woken up around 7:30 to find Henry wide awake in his pack n play, on his back and playing with his blanket or feet or just staring at things. Not crying, just staring at things. He does, however, sitll wake up at 3am-4am and want to be fed. Bah. If only he'd sleep all the way through the night! He's killing me! That's one thing I am not looking forward to, there will be no one to help with those late night feedings, they're all on me. I know people mean well, but I am tired of being told "oh, you'll be fine." Like this is nothing. Like I have nothing to worry about. Pretty much like I'm being completely silly for any worry or concern. My husband is being dropped off in the middle of nowhere Alaska by a bush plane that only carries 2 people and will get maybe 1 thirty second phone call to me in nearly 3 weeks and I have nothing to worry about? It's not like I'll be getting daily calls from him. Also, the one set of friends we have here in Weatherford will be gone the entire time we are away. And the moms group I'm apart of happens to have nothing much planned on the days we are free and everything planned on the days we are gone on either trip. The three weeks inbetween are fairly barren, except for the library trip on the day he gets his shots, a stroll through the gardens (looking forward to that) and something geared towards bigger kids. I am afraid I'll lose it here alone with not anyone to talk to really.

On top of all that I have school work! I have no idea what to expect from this semester, but hopefully it won't be too rough. I hope to stay on top of things, get things done early in the week so I have the rest of my time free to spend with Henry. Hopefully I'll look back on these three weeks and say "What was I so worried about?" I really, really hope so. In the meantime, I'll just worry, thank you very much.

2 comments:

Darci said...

I completely understand how that would be daunting, don't feel bad! Even though we're not down the street, you know your girls are behind you. I'm excited for you about the Alaska trip - take lots of pictures!!

LeAnne said...

Thanks Darci! The more I think about it, the more I think I need to "Mom-up" and just realize I can do it, scared or not. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

Post a Comment